Medical and Nursing Clinics
The medical and nursing staff of Vassar College Health Services provide a full range of preventive, primary, and acute medical care services. Most student illnesses can be adequately treated on an outpatient basis and we encourage students to call for an appointment in advance whenever possible, although walk-in patients for urgent care are accepted.
All services are confidential. Information regarding clinic visits, tests, diagnosis, referrals, and conversations with providers cannot be released or given to anyone without written authorization by the student. Parents/guardians and Vassar College administration will be contacted without authorization only if there is a life threatening condition posing a danger to self or others.
Scheduled appointments for our medical and nursing clinics are conducted Monday through Friday from 9:00am -12:00 noon and 1:00pm–4:00pm during the academic year.
To schedule an appointment call: 845-437-5800.
Services we provide
- Diagnosis and treatment of the full range of medical problems
- Evaluation of acute illness and injury
- Routine physical exams, athletic physicals, tests and screenings
- Ancillary services including laboratory, EKGs, and spirometry
- Sexual health and wellness services
- Immunizations (Flu, Hepatitis B, HPV, Meningitis)
- Travel Advice/Immunizations
- Allergy injections prescribed by allergists or home physicians
- Patient education and health promotion