November 10, 2009
Dear Vassar students,
The Health Service has received a further limited batch of H1N1 vaccine and we will be holding another H1N1 immunization clinic to distribute these doses to students. We ask that any student in the priority groups listed previously who has not yet received their vaccination to please attend. In addition we will now be offering the vaccine to students who live in close proximity to one another in double or triple room housing. ( see below.)
We remind you that this vaccine is provided to New York State by the Center for Disease Control, (C.D.C.) and is free of charge.
- Students with chronic medical conditions such as asthma, diabetes, heart or lung problems, compromised immune systems, etc., that can put them at risk for complications from the flu.
- Students working with or caring for young children at the Wimpheimer Nursery School or the Infant & Toddler Center or doing field work in the K-12 school system.
- Student E.M.T.‘s and those working as first responders or volunteering to work in hospitals, medical clinics or with ambulance services.
- Students living with others who have chronic medical conditions or have chronically ill family at home.
- 5. Students who live in a double or a triple room.
Date: Wednesday, November 11th
Time: 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Location: Multi-Purpose Room in the College Center
No appointment necessary.
Irena T. Balawajder, M.D.
Vassar College Health Service